Friday, May 3, 2013

Spring has definitely Sprung~


In one breath it seems ..so we are busy trying to get everything done  in a breath..Usually you get some time between snow ..rain..etc..

This year we went from snow  to no snow and dry conditions.

Very dry already..nevertheless..finally the Peonies are poking..the Forget me nots are thriving..
some anemones are blooming  and the buds on the trees are staring to burst..
And as I mentioned the Fiddleheads..Here is a clearer image of what we eat:)..I know some wondered what they actually looked like..


Here they are unfurling amongst the scillas..
It is a season of rebirth and you have to be astounded and humbled before nature~
That little tree of enchantment my friend gave me is a small thing..yet it comes back in beauty every year..different..and beautiful every year..I will show you when more buds are opened..just one at the moment:)
She sent us a Happy Spring card..with this in it..I love David's Teas..they are some of my favorites..How cute is this one for Spring~



Very Happy Bouddha~

Reaching Nirvana is easier than you can imagine.We start with a blend of green and white teas,that we sprinkle with Jasmine Pearls..and white Hibiscus Flowers~

The scent is so lovely..I will have my first cup today..and try and think more buddha~like~

We've had quicker meals..mussels.. roast chicken,Dianes Mom's manicotti..(love it and freeze portions..)..Jacque's pizza..

I also made a salad that was just so pretty..I had seen a photo somehwre..forget where and didn't PIN..
I must admit mine bloomed far larger than expected..I bought 2 small organic Boston Bibb lettuces..
and made Jacques and I each an individual serving..I think one large head for 4 would be great..you would just add the dressing after it is cut and served in four..


I made a dressing of EVOO..white balsamic vinegar,sugar country dijon ,salt and pepper..sprinkled the flowers with pom arils..blueberries and little onion crisps..violas and pansies woul just finish this off..It's quite show stopping actually:)in person..♥

I also made a couple of scone recipes..the first was from Katrina..At She's In The Kitchen

Apple Honey drizzled scones..
Here they were before baking..



I made a smaller version and halved the recipe..

and after drizzled with honey..



They are moister than your usual scone..I think because of the apples...Very good with the apple pie taste:)
In Katrina's great words:"I woke up with a passionate desire for scones"~
I do:) Sometimes I do..she put the prettiest words to my thoughts..





I also made amazing pomegranate scones....but didn't get a photo..they are absolutely delicious also..I had never made scones with apples or pomegranates..

2 totally different recipes both very good..since I have pom seeds left I will make more..

Found here..Do try!

Leave at least 1 inch in between when baking these..They just bloom:)

Next time I will post a pic..but they do turn out exactly like her photos..and she gives a nice tutorial :)

Have a great weekend..
Take care~


22 comments:

  1. Ha! Your salad looks like a lovely hat! How sweet to make it that way with ruffles of green. Yes, Spring is springing at last... about time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring is finally at your house and it's about time. Your salad is so pretty Monique. Love the pom ariels. I hope I can find them again at our supermarket in a jar. They make everything look so lovely.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful salad and scones. Glad you are finally having spring. It is cold and windy here now. Last Sunday was perfection as we opened our garden for a neighborhood tour. The past two days ~ bitter cold with biting wind. The garden looks a bit beaten. Enjoy your spring days.....Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both scones look wonderful...delicious! The salad looks scrumptious! I love that lettuce and the Pom arils...
    Beautiful! I have two of those antique pie plates hanging on my kitchen wall...i love them! Yours look widerful being used!
    Beautiful Nana!
    Bisous xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had such gorgeous weather Tuesday and Wedneday - 80s F! Then Thursday back to cold, wind and rain :( Fickle spring weather.

    This reminds me, I haven't had any tea yet today. One day I would love to try Davids.

    Beautiful flower salad and the scones dripping with honey - thumbs up to both!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to try scones with apples! Sounds like something I'll just LOVE! Drizzled with honey, they look so delicious! I am glad spring has arrived to your area, it has not arrived to my area yet :). It looks like Fall here: no blooming or green trees, only the pine trees that are green...

    ReplyDelete
  8. UNe bonne tasse de thé, des scones aux pommes, un article de ton blog ... Voilà de quoi être zen pour le reste de la journée ...
    BIsous
    Hélène

    ReplyDelete
  9. UNe bonne tasse de thé, des scones aux pommes, un article de ton blog ... Voilà de quoi être zen pour le reste de la journée ...
    BIsous
    Hélène

    ReplyDelete
  10. What I was JUST about to do? Make round cut-out apple scones this morning, and voila! Nana did it already! Isn't Spring bliss? Just about to put out some pansies, but too cold for the geraniums. Spring has definitely Sprung!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the pic of fiddleheads; I've never seen one; don't know if they grow in our Region. Very interesting plant! I would eat it.

    Scone recipes both sound like keepers; is that a vintage biscuit cutter you have? love it.

    So glad to see the Fairies finally got to come out to play (your last entry); made me smile...I might have giggled:)

    So glad your Spring has come....
    Judy/Texas

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have been a busy bee making all those recipes. Your ferns look like fiddleheads! Great salad with the butter lettuce. Love that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything looks delicious..your salad..love salads!
    I think we have spring too..just wish I could start wearing short sleeves..still too cold. Funny spring we have..But the garden is coming on..les legumes..j'ai hâte!
    Hope you are having a good weekend..sunny and warm and in your lovely garden..
    Bises
    Ronelle

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your spring is beautiful...I love your fiddlehead....
    Very scrummy scones...would love to try with the pomegranates...
    and very cute with the pot of honey..:)
    you made my Sunday afternoon.
    Bisous
    Shel

    ReplyDelete
  15. Busy beautiful weekend in QC..80s in the afternoons..full sun...dry though..oh so dry!
    But sprouting alphabet boys..we had them all weekend..
    It is amazing what being with young minds will instill in you.
    All good.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So glad you are finally getting Spring! It has been a long winter!
    Everything looks wonderful!
    Hope all is well .

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good morning Monique! I buy local honey all the time, we are so lucky that we have so many farms around us.
    For some reason I don't cook scones very often, but I should. Maybe later this week-))

    Nice talking to you and happy to see your new creations.

    Yelena

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the look of these scones -
    especially the sticky honey topping! The pomegranate version sounds incredible too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pure beauty ~ love the fresh spring colors, too!
    Happy Spring!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. You too dear Mary~
    I know it will be beautiful there..:)
    Both recipes are keepers:)


    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful and delicious food, Monique! Apple and honey sounds like an ideal combination.

    The weather here is the epitome of spring. And I've only waited long enough for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. We went from winter to summer Sol..Missed you!

    ReplyDelete