Sunday, October 7, 2012

Thanksgiving~


Always grateful for them~♥
This weekend is Canadian Thanksgiving.our family came  for dinner last night..
We didn't make the usual turkey..but Ann T's Osso Bucco..I made it again with pork this time ~It's really really good with pork also..and is a bit similar to Giada's Fast and Easy Osso Bucco..You really cannot go wrong with any of Ann's recipes.I have mentioned it before here..but last night was the first time our family tasted it..they both wanted the recipe..so I am talking about it again..:)Perhaps because I used pork the last 2 times..I cook mine longer.Such an easy meal ..all done ahead of time..served on creamy Sweet potatoes and Yukon gold mashed potatoes..

It really wasn't  that pretty out yesterday at all..the night before..fog had stepped in and I stepped out to snap a few photos..clinging wet grass on my crocks  right into and  onto my socks..but worth the heavy humidity ..just to savor the fog~

The leaves are so pretty  right now..almost peak as many are already falling..but  they only really and truly shine in sunshine..Today it's sunny..a sunny chilly Sunday~

You can see the raindrops from the rain..and peek into a very fading gardens..Hopefully they will all be put to rest soon.

I made  the Epicurious Pecan Praline Cheesecake again...for the adults..it is so good..you can find the link here..when I started blogging..didn't know how to post more than one photo:)
And the cute Rice Kripie Candy Corn treats were found on many Pinterest sites..on the Kraft site..but I thought my inspiration came through this one because of the pretty photos..and my daughter had made the watermelon ones  this summer~
You will find the How to's..HERE~
Happy Thanksgiving everyone~This little kiddie dessert even brought out the kid in me.




23 comments:

  1. Great !!!...happy sunday darling....love Ria...xxx...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds as though you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
    As always your photographs are beautiful! I am on my way to check out the recipes....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving, Monique. Love that foggy scene. Will share the Osso Bucco recipe with my "chef". He likes to cook this dish too...........Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fog and the photo it produced. Wishing you and your family a happy Thanksgiving and a wonderful time together. Now I am off to check out the osso bucco recipe.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow such different seasons that we are in. Here it is dry dry dry, windy and very hot. Huge fire danger at the moment. Your beautiful foggy photos made me sigh. Lovely to have a chance to visit again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Thanksgiving Monique and family. Just checked out the Osso Bucco recipe - question: what pork did you use? tenderloins?? pork roast??
    Beautiful pictures - very peaceful fog picture; we don't see fog very often. Judy/Texas

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Thanksgiving, Monique. I love your photos AND your decorations! Going to look up that pecan cheesecake.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look just like Veal Osso Buccos..The butcher cuts them as Osso Buccos:) I am sure I am not much help Judy..:)The have a bone w/ a hole in the middle..Like a big filet mignon..but in the center there is that bone in the hole:)

    Thank you everyone..All the recipes I linked to..work beautifully..The rice krispie treats are sticky to make though:)
    It's Monday already and at last gorgeous out..
    Oh and I omitted the bourbon in the chessecake..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmm, that sounds like a delicious way to celebrate Thanksgiving, Monique! I think I need to try your version with the pork if I can get them cut like that. My SIL loves pork and we have everyone for Thanksgiving this year and don't have to share our family :) Our turn.

    Love the Rice Krispie treats! I'll have to take a look at the link. Mack loves them~ We are thankful for our boys too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely fall pictures and ladscape! Those rice Krispie treats are wonderful.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Nana! Those early morning shots are beautiful: misty, moisty day, as my father always called them. As always, your dinner sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Thanksgiving dear Monique...everything sounds like it was wonderful! Wonderful menu!
    I love the foggy pic...so Autumnal!
    Bisous xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How wonderful! Thanks for sharing your story... :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy thanksgiving.
    Oh these are just delightful.
    Beautiful food, photos and family :))

    ReplyDelete
  16. It sounds like you had a very comforting Thanksgiving with warming dishes and some fun for the kids and kids at heart thrown in.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like a fabulous and tasty Thanksgiving Monique, despite the wet feet!! Those crispie treats are so sweet. I have a particular fondness for crispie treats, me. I just adore them! Much like I adore you! Hope you are having a great week! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dear Monique, you have such a beautiful blog. I found you through Sam. A very happy Thanksgiving to you and your family...beautiful photos.

    Blessings, Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Thanksgiving Monique!
    Your fog pictures are to die for..
    and the sound of your dinner too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Thanksgiving to beautiful YOU, and to your beautiful family . . . so many things to be thankful for.

    Your photos, as always, are sublime... and your special menu? To LIVE for!! :D xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you..I am grateful to blogging also.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely fall pictures and ladscape! How wonderful!And thanks for sharing....

    ReplyDelete