Friday, December 16, 2011

Home Made~

I love Home Made things~
Food,crafts,wine,anything really..and this time of year is a great time to do some of these things..
I had some time..and a new tea to try..
..Chocolate and Mint~ It's so good..It is my second one from this company and they are exceptionally good.
Exceptionally good to bake by..and to soothe a Nana cold caught from Ollie..
I know you're not supposed to kiss sick kids with runny noses..But we..cannot resist.Pay the Piper Nana.





With exceptionally clean hands..I put my new stamp to the test..I had seen it offered in the UK..never here.I was happy to find one ap. 25 minutes away..

The cookies turn out very well..



I had bought some stamp/cutters at The Christmas Tree Shop by Wilton..and they just don't compare..this one works!

The recipe was found on Cooks .com..

La Recette~

HONEY STAMPED COOKIES
1/2 c. butter
1 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
1/3 c. sugar
1 egg yolk
1 tbsp. honey
1/2 tsp. vanilla
Sugar (optional)
In a large bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed about 30 seconds or until softened. Add about half of the flour. Add the 1/3 cup sugar, egg yolk, honey and vanilla. Beat until thoroughly combined. Beat or stir in the remaining flour.
Shape dough into 1-1 1/2 inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Using a floured cookie stamp or the floured bottom of a glass, flatten balls to 1/4 inch thickness. If desired, trim uneven edges from cookies with a round cookie cutter. If desired, lightly sprinkle cookies with additional sugar.

Bake in a 375 degree oven for about 6 minutes or until done. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute. Makes 24-36.


My notes:

My recipe did not make that many cookies..it made about 14..But this is a large stamp:)

I did add a touch of flour and baked ap.7 mins..
It's one of those cookies..where 1 minute makes a difference.
I pressed my stamp in sugar before stamping the dough

They are cute and good~Aren't they cute? It's not just me right?
Like the teas~

20 comments:

  1. Monique, this looks like a wining recipe. I've not stamped cooking in many years, so I think I'll give this a try this weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a whole meme about bringing truly homemade things to events... this would do the idea proud. What a gorgeous stamp... I do like the idea of a pressed cookie but have never gotten a stamp... you are inspiring me, Monique@!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty cookies, Monique. Their wonderful texture shines through the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Monique this would be a favorite all the time. I love the words and of course home made always makes the heart sing. I agree, not all stamps are created equally. These cookies look and sound wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOoohhh...I do not own a stamp and now I think I REALLY NEED TO GO AND LOOK FOR SOME...
    I love the way those cookies look...gorgeous!
    L~xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY...I just got one on Amazon...a present from me to me!
    Thanks Nana dear!
    L~xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are adorable Monique! I must hunt one out for myself I am thinking! Every cook should have one, n'est ce pas??? Hope your cold is better soon! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  8. No Monique, it's not just you. :) The cookies are adorable!
    So sorry about your cold, but it's really hard to resist a cuddle, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh.Marie..I am sure you mentioned these cutters non? And I certainly hope your cold has finally left you for good~
    This too shall pass..a cold is so little in a big picture..
    Linda..Amazon? To your door..great! Good for you..I love being inspired and you have done that so often!

    Thank you and have fun..Bon Weekend everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely! I've never tried the cookie stamps but like the idea. Yours looks delicious. I hope you are recovered from your "shared" cold.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been searching for the perfect cookie stamp and this is it! I hope your cold is over soon - I wouldn't have been able to resist those sweet little kisses either.

    ;)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  12. You always manage to find the most wonderful things to make whatever you are preparing extra special. I do hope you feel better soon. My husband has a cold and bad cough and is trying desperately trying to make sure I don't get sick for Christmas. So far so good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your new cookie stamp and the words - so perfect for you. Along with chocolate and mint tea, what could be better :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Susan..you are right;)
    I am waving my magic Fairy Wand~ You will all be well for Christmas~ Me too.
    God Bless Us All~

    ReplyDelete
  15. You cookie stamp turned out really nice; j'aime le nom. Hope you are recovering from that cold. Monique I love reading your blog.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute cookies! I'd really love to have that stamp. Really cool.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  17. These cookies look so perfect and the flavours sound delicious. Lovely festive treat!

    ReplyDelete