Thursday, November 25, 2010

Coffee and a Treat~



A little Cap..and a little sweet~

I am such a square person:)

I love little bites.. I bought this pan last year for crumb cakes..But when Marie posted her indescribably delicious Raspberry Tarts..I thought..Yes!



Make them in the little crumb pans..

Honestly..no matter what pan you make these in..they are absolutely supercalifragilisticexpialidociously good and easy.



Thanks again..and again Marie~

La Recette~

*Raspberry Jam Bars*
Makes 16 squares, or 10 tarts


140g (1 cup) flour
pinch salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
4 ounces (8 TBS) unsalted butter at room temperature
85g (1/2 cup) packed dark brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla or almond extract
50g (1/2 cup) oats
(not instant oats)
50g (1/2 cup) sliced almonds
4 heaped dessertspoons of seedless raspberry jam

Pre-heat the oven to 180*C/350*F. Line an 8 inch square baking tin with aluminium foil, leaving an overhang on two opposite sides. Set aside.

Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in the vanilla. Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Stir this mixture into the creamed mixture. Stir in the oats and sliced almonds. Reserve 1.2 cup of this mixture and set it aside. Press the remaining mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Dollop the raspberry jam over top and spread it out with a rubber spatula to within 1/2 inch of the sides of the pan all around. Crumble the reserved oat mixture evenly over top.

Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until the dough is golden brown and the jam is lightly bubbling. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.

Use the foil overhang to lift the baked mixture out of the pan. Cut into 16 squares with a sharp knife, or using a sharp two inch round cutter, cut it into small round tartlettes.

Un petit café..et ces barres savoureuses..Un délice~
Anywhere on earth~

25 comments:

  1. Look at you Nana, having plates that match your dessert!
    I am in love with the coffee cup! Wonder if there is a place we can have restaurant dishes made with our own family name or words of our choice...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the baby girl way more:)

    The cups were free with cookies:) That never happens in Canada..But it did..well never..I am making a bigger story than it is..Of course it happens but rarely..Yes you can have dishes made..$$$

    Glass ware also..I have Googled..

    The little plate is from none other than Jain:) St food For Thought ..last year..California way:)Enjoy your day~

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very beautiful post!!!

    Thank you for your kind comment on my post, hugs, Flavia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your posts never fail to enchant...and inspire!!! Thank you so much for all that you share. That pan is so useful and makes such nice tidy bites...perfect for making picture perfect food gifts!
    Thank you so much, as always.
    Love and good thoughts to you!
    Warmly,
    Tracey
    x0x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Un moment particulièrement agréable que celui que je viens de passer en votre compagnie... je viens à l'instant de terminer ma toile et je me détends avec une tasse de thé grâce à vous.
    Bisous

    ReplyDelete
  6. you may be sq, but you're hip! another gorgeous round of photos from you, hot and cold, ying and yang, the seasons splayed out so beautifully~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!! Your posts are like lovely little mini vacations for me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your pics again but also the recipe that sounds so good!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. See, you always come up with a unique way to use different pans, I love it!!!! The bars sound yummy!
    Well we do once in a blue moon get something for free here...just can't remember when, ha ha!!!!!
    Are those your bare feet on a holiday!!!!!
    Hugs,
    Margaret B

    ReplyDelete
  10. They look delicious! And the warm pics! :)
    Complete bedlam yesterday, but joyful noise, and not my house being ...umm, roughed up!

    I was in WS Wed evening, and couldn't believe what was going on sale this morning, very early! But I am not a Black Fri shopper!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now wherever did you find that plate? It made me smile. Wonderful bars, Monique, and I splurged and got one of those square baking pans too. Never thought to make bars in it though. I like!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely blog, is love at first sight!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I rarely bake. But if I did I would make these little treasures.

    You though, are the real treasure.

    Love.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. They do look good.. even with a Thanksgiving food hangover ( way too much eating yesterday!) The pan is adorable... i love the little individual cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a clever little idea to bake those squares in that baking tray. Perfectly square. I do love a slice. Delicious, with a lovely cup of tea!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the square pans! So glad to have come across your blog today. Sending blogger love all the way from New Zealand! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. everything is lovely as always. Love the pans, the plate , the cups and the little cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you and everyone have a great weekend~

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love little bites, too. It makes it easier to have just one more! This pan takes away the messy task of cutting up the squares.

    Thanks for the sunny pics....I am not ready for the cold yet. I'm in the warm state of denial!

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am slowly returning to normal here :) Tired and full! If I could fit in another morsel I would make those bars in a heartbeat:)

    Saved for the future!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a delightful pan to make those wonderful little individual tarts. I love raspberry anything. These are just beautiful. (Catching up from vacation still.)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh...what a beautiful post!
    I love the picture of that gorgeous tanned foot!
    And the squares sound really delicious as well...anything raspberry is fine with me!
    I missed this one as I was in Thanksgiving mode...everyone home and no computer for me until today...
    Thanks for the sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I agree with you on square...every time..decorate square, bake square doodle squares...wonder what it means?
    Such beautiful images of the sea and sunset?...pretty toes!
    Bisous
    Ronelle

    ReplyDelete
  24. ♥ the coordinated platter, and the recipe, the pictures ... everything!
    Is that a saree and flip flops in the last collage? Just curious...lol

    ReplyDelete
  25. These tarts look delicious - they remind me of sunny summer days. I love your pan - where is it from?

    ReplyDelete