Thursday, December 18, 2008

You can't catch me~

I'm the Gingerbread Man~



I still remember that story from when I was a young child..Never trust a sly fox...:)

Yesterday my friend Susan at Savoring Time in the Kitchen

..shared her trusted Gingerbread recipe..I had a bit of time this morning before I left for the day and tried my hand at hers.
It's so easy and fun..
I made 5 little sets for our grandchildren Christmas Eve..I made only half the recipe and still have dough left over.
I recommend her tried and true recipe..





Here is the recipe she shared ..

Gingerbread Cookies

• 1 cup powdered sugar
• 1 cup butter or margarine

• 1/2 cup molasses
• 1 egg
• 1 Tablespoon vinegar
• 2 teaspoons cinnamon
• 1-1/2 teaspoon ground ginger

• 3-1/2 (approx) cups flour
• 1-1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon salt

Heat over to 375 degrees when ready to start baking.

Cream sugar and butter until smooth. Add next 5 ingredients and mix until just blended. Add flour, soda and salt and mix until incorporated.

Pat dough into ball and put in plastic wrap or covered bowl in refrigerator for at least 1 hour or up to several days.

Roll out on floured surface to ¼" thickness and cut into desired shapes. Sprinkle with color sugar and add cinnamon decorations, if desired.

Bake in preheated oven for 7 to 8 minutes.


Go visit her beau blog..you will be happy you did..
And in the meantime..reread this classic tale..

9 comments:

  1. I love what you did with them, Monique! They are sweet as can be and I love how you decorated them. Cute as can be! I will be remembering your idea for when I'm a Nana too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. how adorable is this! the kids are so lucky nana cares so much! love it all~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable gingerbread men, Monique ... Love the ribbons, the buttons and especially the heart. How did you make the heart?

    The Gingerbread Man is one of my favorite books. I bought it last Christmas for Addi and gave her a stuffed Gingerbread boy.

    Just today Addi asked when we were going to bake Gingerbread men for Santa. .... I'm looking forward to trying Susan's recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Outstanding! We read that with the kids at the nursery school! Very cute, Monique, those cookies are grand!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute!!

    Do you mind if I ask where you got the code for your falling snow?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling little gingerbread men! Your photographs are so lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are adorable! What a wonderful Nana you are!
    Always creating beau things!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You inspired me! I love the taste of this recipe. I linked back to you in my blog. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete