Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Maple Cream Fudge/Ann T's Recipe~

Most years I try different recipes..
I have one from an aquaintance ..35 yrs ago..Thérèse..
I have No-Fail Fudge..I have Jéhane Benoit's..and now an internet load of them..
But I wanted to share with you this one from someone who has shared so many recipes with me and many many others..Ann T..a remarkable and tireless chef.
It's very very good..



We make it with the sirop d'érable we buy every year..
It is sooo dood..
Très bon pour se sucrer le bec:)



The recipe is below my explanations..
My daughters read my blog..and I want them to read the tips too:)

I must tell you I have to boil mine quite a bit longer than the 7 mins.. even 9 is not enough..Perhaps my temp is lower.Boiling sugar and my ceramic cooktop is an accident waiting to happen.
I know this first hand with a balsamic and port reduction day.
It involved our now son-in-law asking us for our daughter's hand in marriage.
Of course I got distracted!:)~My cooktop has the result of my distraction:(



So..
My test is the SOFT BALL on my candy thermometer.(I love that thing..indispensible to me.)
Then I place my pan w/ the sizzling syrup in my sink w/ the base of the pot sitting in cold water.
Then I stir vigourously until I see..and feel the RIGHT consistency..You will know..
You don't want it to be too wet..nor too dry..you will know..
It should pour in nicely in your pan.Not liquidy.But not like a blob either:)

You will just know!
I ..like Ann ..prefer our Xmas fudge thick not thin..so I made 2 pans of ap 3x5 inches..



And now..for the recipe..

Maple Cream Fudge
=================
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup cream
1/3 cup of butter
1/4 cup of maple syrup
pinch of salt
vanilla
. Add the two sugars, butter and cream maple syrup and salt into a sauce
pan. Place over medium heat. Stir while bringing to a boil. Lower the
heat and continue to stir slowly while the mixture cooks. After about
7 minutes, test by pouring a small amount into some cold water. You
want it to form a soft ball. You might need to cook it for another
minute or two. Remove from the heat, add a couple of teaspoons of
vanilla and start stirring. It takes about 14 or 15 minutes for the
fudge to cool and thicken. Pour into buttered dish.

6 comments:

  1. Looks delicious, M...
    Another thing to try..
    Weight Watchers here we come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing! I love fudge. I love maple! Looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous nana, send some to me k?

    ps no nuts please...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love maple - family not so much..yours looks simply delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh that looks wonderful...
    I think i am going to try it!
    L~xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have read your blog it is very helpful for me. I want to say thanks to you. I have bookmark your site for future updates. No one of your Insta stalker will ever recognize that you are using ... a lot more data about who might view your profile, but not Instagram.

    ReplyDelete