Thursday, December 11, 2008

Goldilocks and the 4 Bears~

Today was a treat..we had 2 of our little grandsons over for a few hours..

I REALLLY wanted to make them Teddy Bear Muffins..in the cups my friend Jain sent to me while I was vacationing in Florida..
What to make?

I decided to make a classic sour cream choclate chip cake so that I could just make a few bear muffins..and have a cake for J..W/ Coffee in the am..C'est bon!

Well I LOVE these little bears..they have Nana written all over them..So much so the boys tried to eat the cups first:)



They are just too cute


The rest..ended up being a coffee cake for tomorrow..
Not a Martha recipe..but the book happens to be in my cookbook stand..and well..the light was there..And she looks great..and happy:)
I have quite a few of her books..I learned a lot from her.
She taught me..so many things.. without even knowing it.



When my daughter brought the first wee boy over..she also brought her linzers..
Better than mine..
Who would have thought of Nutella in a Linzer?
Trust me..it works.. and yes.. better than jam.Oy these are sooo good..
These are hers..
A new recipe keeper..instead of jam..NUTELLA!


It was such a treat to have the boys..
Look..look at the t-shirt and the darling little chubby edible fingers:) I just love them.




Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Cake Recipe

Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Cake

1 stick butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups sour cream
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda

12 ounces chocolate chips
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350°F.

In a large bowl, cream butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar, then mix in the egg yolks and vanilla. Sift flour, baking soda and baking powder together into a separate bowl. Alternately add sour cream and then dry ingredients into butter mixture. Beat eggs whites until stiff, then fold into batter. Mix last 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon together in a separate, small dish.

In a greased 9″x13″ pan, pour in half of the cake batter. Sprinkle the top with half of the cinnamon-sugar mixture and half of the chocolate chips. Pour remaining batter on top, sprinkling the top with the remaining cinnamon-sugar and chocolate chips.

Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean.
*I used different pans/muffin cups and adjusted..the original recipe calls for 16 ozs of sour cream..my old one called for 8 ounces..I now go half way..
I used Penzey's Cinnamon that my friend Mary a@ Once Upon A Plate sent me..It's quite frankly.. deliciously flavorful.

11 comments:

  1. omg too much good in spot! the bears ARE so nana, i love how you did them. the chubby arms, they make me squint with tears becasue i know how much you adore those wee ones~

    cracked up with well martha looks good!

    and i just made a new linzers plus WITH nutella, which i bot becasue of you and dang it IS good!

    every pic is extra enchanting in the snow~

    gorgoeus post nana, every sq inch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! The teddy bear muffins are the perfect Nana treat, they will be wanting teddies each visit now...with a marshmallow on top :-)

    The chubby fingers coloring are so very, very precious.

    Nutella makes everything a good thing...I had it for dinner tonight.

    I loved this whole post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, M... every post is more special than the last. The bear pans, cute... the chubby arms, cuter. I know how much you enjoyed the day! OK, this is the one... the linzers with nutella... I MUST find time to make those.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything! The bears, the chubby little fingers :) The molds are adorable and they do look edible.

    Martha does look good there! I'd love to guess the year. I just Googled. My guess was 1986 but it was 1989.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What adorable teddy bear muffins ... so cute!

    The hands, fingers ... so precious. Don't they have such soft, beautiful skin?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a perfect Nana post :) I love it all, the teddies, the chubbies, the Linzers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pics of your grandbabies hands brought back such fond memories..they are so adorable at that age. The muffins, tins and linzers...all look super! I tasted Nutella for the first time about a year ago - it's good with a dollop in a wonton wrapper, fold it up, deep fry for a little bit, sprinkle with powdered sugar..YUM !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love those chubby little hands...so cute..
    And the bears too.
    The cake looks great! Lucky J..
    Great looking linzers, the apple doesn't fall far....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww, just melts my heart; those little hands!

    Beautiful post, as always. Delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree Jain, my weary eyeballs have gone all googly, trying to simultaneously take it all in.
    Monique, I am truly happy you've decided to join the blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete