Monday, December 29, 2008

Fabulous Find~


Shrimp Caprese~
With garlic...
I thought I would share my newest favourite garlic gadget that must be as old as the hills...But I just recently bought one...so it's new for me.
You just need your garlic..




This little gadget..grates it so well..keeping the juices..and almost emulsifies it..
I prefer it to chopped..or minced or crushed.



I am sure you can get them here.. It's by Revol I think..and I bought it while in Provence at the market in Gordes.(So beau!)



I'm sure that's why I like it even more....
If you can find one I suggest you pick one up..
Takes hardly any room in your gadget drawer..It's pretty and white and always looks new.

Here's the recipe we are having tonight..I'll let you know how we liked it..

Grilled Shrimp Caprese..

Marinated Tomatoes:
1 1/2 lbs Roma tomatoes, cored* and cut into 1” pieces
20 medium fresh basil leaves, stems removed and cut into 1” pieces
2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp garlic, minced
1 tsp Italian seasoning
Salt to taste

2 Tbsp butter
1/2 cup white wine
11/2 cups heavy cream
1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 lb capellini (angel hair) pasta, cooked according to package directions
2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 lb 26/30 or 21/25 shrimp, peeled and deveined


Preheat broiler.

COMBINE tomatoes, basil, olive oil, garlic, Italian seasoning and salt in a large bowl and blend thoroughly. Cover, set aside and marinate for at least 1 hour.

HEAT a large, nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add butter and let melt. Stir in white wine and bring to a boil. Add heavy cream and Parmesan cheese and bring to a simmer. Let sauce reduce to desired consistency.

ADD cooked, drained pasta and marinated tomatoes to skillet. Stir to thoroughly coat pasta with sauce.

TRANSFER pasta and sauce to serving platter and top with mozzarella cheese.

GRILL or SAUTE shrimp until internal temperature reaches 150°F and set aside.

PLACE serving platter in broiler for 2-3 minutes, or until cheese has melted.

TOP pasta with cooked shrimp and serve.
* I'll go lightly on the cream..we like light.

13 comments:

  1. Oh, I saw one of those on display recently in a local kitchen store (US). They were using it as a nutmeg grater. I think garlic would be a much better use though! Maybe next time I go there I'll pick one up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like, I like! Maybe for ginger, too?

    I would love your shrimp! It sounds so good, so much great flavor! You come up with the best recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol..Ginger!! Great idea!! Yes..Now I like it for both..Oh yum..what to make..banana Ginger loaf:)?

    It's Jain's recipe!I breaded and baked the shrimp like Kathleen does:)

    It's very good..I added crushed red chili peppers....
    and some water from the cooked pasta..Keeper.

    Dawn I tried linking to your blogs..(babies are of great interest to me and recipes too of course:) ) I couldn't:( Yes pick one up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never see that tool before - how fun that you picked it up on the trip and we get to see where! I love that shot! Great to hear the shrimp recipe was a keeper too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are the most beautiful cloves of garlic I have ever seen!
    Fabulous pic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really?! I had one and thought it the most useless of all of my tools. You can only get 1/2 way through the garlic before you start removing your skin. After, you have to dig all of the garlic out of the grater. I threw mine out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Tara..Isn't it funny how we are all different? Mine's not sharp is yours?
    I truly do like it.
    Funnily enough when I was babysitting Lulu one day..I had just put him to bed and Rachel Ray was on..(I never watch TV in the day..but it's fun there..:)) she was sad she had broken hers..had bought it in Provence also..
    Could they be different?

    I don't know..Sorry you didn't like yours..

    Linda..those cloves are usually sold in the little basket you see..here at least.
    I find them pretty to look at also.
    Thanks BD~

    ReplyDelete
  8. nana you make garlic look like a beauty queen! love your pics~ glad you loved dinner too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never seen one! Yours is all the more special knowing where it came from ;)

    I use my microplane for garlic mincing - and nutmeg and ginger grating :)

    The recipe sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an interesting gadget. I'll have to keep my eye out for it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Monique, I love gadgets and your is pretty and functional. And Carol suggested an alternative use. How special that you purchased it in Provence.

    ReplyDelete
  12. kingroot apk
    kingroot install
    kingroot for pc
    kingroot for android
    kingroot latest version
    before you start removing your skin. After, you have to dig all of the garlic out of the grater. I threw mine out.

    ReplyDelete